Friday 6 May 2016

Intro - Traffic Jams

I've decided to start a blog, well I decided this about 2 years ago but being the quintessential procrastinator that I am, I've only got around to it now. 
The idea is to blog about what albums I have been listening to in my car on my commute to work. Generally there won't be much in the way of new stuff, I do most of my digging in charity shops, Dealz and second hand music shops. I also occasionally splurge on Amazon and pick up old stuff on the cheap. I'll try and write a coherent few lines on each of CDs and stick up a link to the best track on it or a track that typifies the tone of the album. 
I will also be reviewing/blogging about new essential albums that I pick up along the way.

I mainly listen to electronic dance music and hip-hop but am not confined to any particular style - if it's good I'll give it a try.

Recently I have been listening to a lot of UK/London urban stuff like grime, drum & bass etc. but that could change next week! If the bass rattles the speakers I'm usually a fan.

I'll also hopefully be posting some mixes that I will have done at home, the plan in January was to do one a month for the year, trying to pull together a different style each time and post to Mixcloud but at the moment I have only uploaded one, with a bit of luck this blog will put me under pressure to get the finger out and get them done - I'm only 4 mixes behind at the moment!

Here is a link to my Mixcloud page with all my mixes

As ever with anything like this, comments are appreciated and general abuse is expected so feel free to let me know what you think or even if you have any suggestions of stuff you think I might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment